Position: Medicaid Expansion Outreach & Education Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Communications
Type: Full Time
Location: Raleigh, NC or remote
The Medicaid Expansion Outreach & Education Coordinator will lead and be responsible for the collaborative work of Care Share Health Alliance, the NC Navigator Consortium and the NC Community Health Center Association to increase awareness and understanding of Medicaid Expansion. This includes holding regular partner engagement and planning sessions, as well as providing education to NC navigators, enrollment assisters and community-based organizations through in-person and webinar-based trainings. The Coordinator will provide additional assistance to help individual navigators, enrollment assisters and community-based organizations understand eligibility and enrollment requirements for Medicaid Expansion. The Coordinator will also be responsible for leading work with a contracted marketing firm to provide supplemental communication about Medicaid Expansion to targeted underserved communities. This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, which will require travel and some evenings and weekends. This position is grant funded for two years.
Partner Engagement & Planning Sessions
- Develop a list of key partners affected by and able to promote awareness of Medicaid Expansion, including community-based organizations, local governments, state partners, healthcare systems and navigator and enrollment assister organizations
- Organize and facilitate monthly partner engagement and planning sessions
- Support the dissemination of accurate and timely information about Medicaid Expansion through partners
- Work with partners to determine what populations need additional outreach and education around Medicaid Expansion eligibility and enrollment
- Develop an effective feedback loop between partners to share best practices, concerns and opportunities for improvement
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with all partners
- Serve as an advocate for historically marginalized populations, including rural communities and populations who experience health, social and economic barriers in order to help ensure the voices of these populations is heard and informs outreach and marketing efforts.
- Organize and facilitate annual regional trainings in each of the six Medicaid regions
- Use information gathered from partner engagement & planning sessions to develop educational content for Regional Trainings
- Work with regional partners to tailor the training to their region’s need
- Ensure that individuals or organizations representing underserved populations are invited to and able to participate in Regional Trainings
Medicaid Expansion Webinar Series
- Organize and facilitate 10 informational webinars annually on Medicaid Expansion for an audience of navigators, enrollment assisters and community-based organizations
- Use information gathered from partner engagement & planning sessions to develop educational content of webinars
- Schedule content experts as guest speakers for each webinar topic
- Work with content experts to provide “Medicaid 101” information as part of webinar series
- Promote webinar series to appropriate audiences
- Ensure that individuals or organizations representing underserved populations are invited to and able to participate in the webinar series
Supplemental Medicaid Expansion Communications
- Work with contracted marketing service to develop educational resources
- Work with marketing service to develop digital, radio and television promotions of Medicaid Expansion
- Work with marketing service to perform market research on populations who need additional outreach and education about Medicaid Expansion and what messaging is needed to best reach them
- Work with contracted translation service to ensure educational resources and promotions are translated to frequently used native languages of identified underserved populations
- Work with partners to determine if promotions and educational resources are reaching their communities
- Make site visits to navigator, enrollment assister and community-based organizations to provide additional training or support around Medicaid Expansion, as needed
- Assist individual navigators, enrollment assisters or community-based organization personnel by answering their questions about Medicaid Expansion
- Share changes and updates about Medicaid Expansion to partners in a timely manner
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
Required & Desirable Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and lived experience.
- Commitment to advancing health equity and healthy communities
- Very strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Flexible, able to adjust to changing priorities.
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Master’s degree in public policy, public health, public health administration or related field
- Understanding of North Carolina Medicaid policy and eligibility requirements
- Bi/multi-lingual and experience working directly with racially, ethnically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse people and communities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with Zoom, Microsoft Teams and/or other group platforms
Benefits include: Health, Dental and Vision, 401K with Employer Match, Life & Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Paid Time Off & Holidays
Process & Required Documents:
To apply, candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Erin Storie, email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled.
As an equal opportunity employer, Care Share is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment with a commitment to our values and mission. Care Share strongly encourages applicants from people of color and other diverse backgrounds.